Did you know that Wednesday’s Full Moon is a Blue Moon? Every so often we get a second full moon in a single month, that’s known as a Blue Moon. The moon’s colour doesn’t actually change, obviously. Though that would be pretty radical, right?
The term ‘Blue Moon’ was coined to indicate an improbable event, because two moons in a single month is just so darn rare, it’s something that doesn’t normally happen. ‘Once in a Blue Moon’ is a seriously rare occurrence.
I’m going to go out on a limb and assume you’re not a total moon-geek like me and give you a heads up that there is a SECOND Blue Moon coming up in March also. TWO Blue Moons in the first quarter of 2018, that feels astrologically significant.
There is a belief that the Blue Moon holds the knowledge of the Crone, and therefore the wisdom of all the Goddesses. It’s said that the Blue Moon brings with it a heightened communication with the Divine. The lines of communication are open and the Divine is taking requests apparently
Here’s a little ritual to honour the Blue Moon.
Take this cosmic opportunity to dream big. What do you really want that seems unattainable ortoo difficult to achieve? Whatever your dream is, sit with the idea that ‘once in blue moon’ it might just come to pass.
Create a Blue Moon Wish Board
- Calm , ground and centre yourself by watching your breath for a few minutes
- Write out a list of all the things you’d like but that seem unattainable
- Once you’ve finished your list, go over each item and really think hard about whether you want it or not. Are there some things that you don’t really want? Some that you really, really want?
- When you have your list of things you really, really, really want, write these out on strips of paper with a positive affirmation, in the present tense, as if it had already come to pass. E.g If you want a new job you love, write something like ‘I can’t believe how much I love my new job!’
- Pin these strips of paper onto a large piece of paper, card, or even a pretty string. You can go full out and add images that represent these wishes also
- When the Full Blue Moon is risen take the bundle outside and ask for your wishes to be fulfilled. Don’t forget to thank the moon. She appreciates good manners
- Sit/stand and gaze at the full moon for a little while (-this is such an easy way to feel instantly revitalised and chilled at the same time, so do this, if nothing else)
- After the Blue Moon place your bundle of wishes somewhere inside where you can see it often. See what happens. You never know, once in a blue moon…miracles do happen!
Looking to treat yourself? Get yourself signed up to next months’ AromaYoga Workshop. It promises to delight all your senses and leave you feeling revitalised. For more details and to RSVP and book your place go here.